Thursday, June 04, 2009

Rolled Away, Rolled Away.... I remember when my burdens rolled away.....


That's an old hymn for those of you who weren't raised the kind of church I was raised in....

And just minutes ago Bart left with Salinda and Tony to take them to their respective summer destinations. Now, before you yell at me for calling my kids burdens, this really isn't about them at all. It's about my response to them. For some reason those are the two that push my buttons, often unintentionally and cause the greatest emotional response on my part. We have other kids who do worse things, different things, etc, but these two are the ones who always seem to tie me up emotionally and stress me out.

Salinda's appointment went great. Everything is fine. Baby is as big as the top of my pinkie by now and is growing fingers and toes. Due date is in January. Ultrasound scheduled for June 29th. This is getting more real by the minute.

I'm not sure what I will do over the next few weeks/months without the stress I'm accustomed to. I almost feel lost without it already. But I'm sure you'll be around to find out. And so will I.

No comments: