Thursday, September 06, 2007

Well, I Was a Bit Wrong

Yesterday I predicted that 24 hours from when I posted I would be sitting at my desk rejoicing that the kids were all in school. I also reported that something could go wrong and mess things up. Well, I'm not at my desk, but nothing has gone wrong.

After waking up at 5:30, which is incredibly early for me and I headed for the YMCA for my workout (that word sounds so hilarious for what it is I am doing. Dragging my old fat self in to walk .5 miles an hour or whatever dumb speed I can). I came home to find 6 of the 7 children already awake. Tony had been up since 5:40, the others since 6:30 even when they didn't need to do so.

I took the Jr. High schooler and the two high schoolers while Bart took the college student and three elementary kids. Our old van died last night so it's at the shop, leaving us with transportation issues on the first day of school. Picking everyone up is going to be a nightmare, but we'll get it figured out.

Salinda, exhibiting horrific behavior during an argument with me last night, woke up as cheery, pleasant and happy as could be. Keeping up with her moods makes my head spin.

Now that everyone is in school, I'm hoping it will calm everyones behaviors down so that we can settle. The last month has just been annoying.

So anyway, back to the point of the post. I am not at home at my desk, but instead at Dunn Brothers waiting for Kari,who also blogged about our tradition. We started and ended the school here last year and when she finished her all important radio interview (we call her the media whore) we'll celebrate the beginning of school.

I then have an out of town home visit that will take most of the rest of my first day alone. But it's really good to know that there will be more days.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Claudia,
Thanks for having coffee with me even if I was late. And just to clarify - the interview today was for TV, tomorrow is radio. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ~Kari