Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Slow Start

Everyone is dragging this morning. I have an IEP meeting, so I need to get the kids off to school and they all overslept.0 I'm debating spending some time at the coffee shop, but if I do that then Rand will accomplish absolutely nothing today. He never did grasp Object Permanence so he still fully believes that if nobody is watching him they won't know what he is doing or not doing. I have found him many many times sitting in the middle of the place he is supposed to be working (even if he has to drag a chair in there) because he doesn't realize that I can hear the difference between doing dishes and sitting in a chair.

Today if I leave the house he will sit and watch TV until he hears me pull up and then he will jump up and run to the kitchen and act as though he's been working all morning. However, since I happen to remember the condition of the kitchen when I left and if there are no changes.. hmmmmm.

He of course, will argue vehemently that he's been working for 3 hours, but, well, I'm sure you know that I can tell.

So, I have to decide which is more important to me today. The solitude and tasty snacks of Dunn Brothers or a not-much-cleaner house and 12 arguments with Rand.

Hmm. The coffee shop is sounding really good about now.

We're celebrating the birthdays Kari and I have with Mike and Kari at lunch time and then I have to ready to get on the shuttle to head to the Cities to spend the night. i could have gotten up at 3 in the morning, but by the time I figured mileage and parking the shuttle and a hotel were pretty close in price. And 3 is very very early.

I'm off to Toledo.

And this is Tony's last few words (after I suggested that it was a little weird that he was eating chips and dip while he showered) "And you think I"m weird! You're the weirdest one around here -- with moles all over your face and that Fat, Fat, A**..."

and I thought to myself, "Oh yeah, but at least I don't eat chips and dip in the shower."

But I didn't say it outloud.

3 comments:

Angela :-) said...

I can't help myself. I have to ask. HOW does a person eat chips & dip in the shower?! I can see a bath, but the shower?

Angela :-)

Claudia said...

I have no idea.

But remember, I'm the weird one...

Kathyb1960 said...

How can that boy still be calling you fat after all that weight you have lost?

Altho, the same thing happened to me in school. Even after I had lost weight, they still called me names! Wasn't fun.