Thursday, September 18, 2008

We Have Arrived (in more ways than one)





I'm feeling kind of dorky and dumb .... because this is my first experience as a Keynote Speaker and I'm not used to being treated like I'm important. It's sort of fun in a weird sort of way. Almost surreal. And certainly very dorky of me to be posting these pictures. But hey, I'm a real person .... down to earth and no frills ... and this kind of cracks me up in a way. But if you're reading this as a results of hearing me speak tomorrow (later, if that makes sense) I hope that this doesn't mess up any idol worship. Just kidding. I'm not expecting idol worship. (See, I am a dork).

We were told to wait by the Limo stand by our driver and we did ride in a long black car, but it wasn't a limo. When we arrived, we saw our room and it was nothing special .... until I realized we had a second key to the room next to us that was marked "Parlor." Very nice.

So we are here. We have plans for dinner with friends tonight at a dinner theatre which should be great fun.......

Now I'm trying to decide if I should lie down or not.... if I do I"m afraid I won't fall asleep tonight. If I don't I'm afraid I won't make it through the night.

So this is the life of a key note speaker. Not that glamorous, huh?

1 comment:

mommaplus said...

Wow Claudia, haven't seen you in a long time, you're looking GREAT!
Amanda