Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Success of Loving

Facebook can often be a black whole of time. I have almost 1000 friends and at least 850 of them are live people I have met in person over the years -- the rest are you guys -- people who have met me through my speaking, writing and blogging.

Today though I clicked from a comment one of my friends made to the page of someone I don't even know and read this quote

"The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done."

Mother Theresa said it. And she said it much better than I could say it. But especially when it comes to our kids -- "our kids" meaning the ones we have chosen to love through adoption.

I don't think I need to comment on it. It speaks for itself.

And this time the Facebook black whole journey was very productive.

1 comment:

Angela said...

needed that quote today, thanks