Saturday, February 12, 2011

This is Why....


If people wonder why I'm losing my mind, this is a vivid example. Last night one of my children (between the ages of 14 and 19) was getting paid to do chores. They charged me for an hour of time to clean the shower and this was what it looked like AFTER it was "cleaned."

This is the same child who stole his former only friend's ipod, asked him what the code was to get it open, and then denied taking it.

Getting a better understanding of my mental condition?

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, sweetie, *I* didn't need pictures. I already know the life you're living - all too well!

Kathleen

GB's Mom said...

BTDT. {{{Hugs}}}

Sunny said...

We have a laminated checklist of what 'clean the bathroom' entails. When the kids are 'done', we inspect...straight from the checklist. If something's not done, they then have the opportunity to complete the chore according to the list. I'd never pay out until the list was completed.

DynamicDuo said...

perhaps you should charge for an hour of your time... be creative! A friend of mine told me how her daughter (neurotypical biological) only did half her chores... so she only drove halfway to school.... makes you think doesn't it?