Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Morning Once Again

Yesterday was quite a busy day. The new agency where I work was having a support group family party and that took up most of the day. Ricardo and Leon finished 5th and 6th in the section for wrestling last night and now their season is over. I missed the second day, but was there Friday night.

John had court Friday -- looks like there will be more jail time beginning the end of March because of a minor probation violation (this is from the incident two years ago when he was 18 and had a minor girlfriend). I can see this two ways -- there is certainly nothing redemptive about the system, but I also know that he has always had the view that no rules apply to him. In fact, their whole sibling group shares that bent.

Last night I had to go pick up Sadie in the middle of the night because she had gone somewhere not having a ride home (she has chosen this as a consequence -- to not have us provide rides, but instead of just not going places she gets herself stranded). She had no coat, it was hovering around zero, and she didn't even know the address of where she was. I met her at a fast food place near there. Her stubbornness will lead to tragedy if I don't figure out a way to curb it.

I could go on -- there are kids facing some consequences -- natural and imposed -- in our efforts to prepare them for adulthood.

There is some good news on the horizon -- it looks like Jimmy will have a job after graduation which is HUGE. He has done so well in his Special Ed work program that they want to keep him on. And Rand has qualified for vocational rehab services so he should be participating in a job try this coming month.

My husband is leaving from today until Thursday and I'm not looking forward to that. I've been way off track lately -- just not feeling myself and making dumb choices about what I eat, how much I exercise and how I spend my time, so I'm feeling a bit unprepared to do this alone.

But I have no choice. And you know me, I cycle back and forth to the point that reading my blog must be similar to a cat watching a ping pong game....

I'm sure I"ll get my groove back. Too bad it can't go to Jamaica like Stella to do so.

No comments: