Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Being Careful?

I guess more people are starting to read my blog, which is fine. But one of the dangers about a blog is that when I'm blogging I'm not really thinking ENOUGH about the fact that people are actually READING what I write.

If I was thinking about that, I would probably not post so much boring junk and be more deliberate in being as entertaining and witty or as persuasive and intelligent sounding as I can.

Or I would be careful that I was not being offensive.

My tragic flaw is that I consistently offend people without knowing it. I am totally and truly myself every moment of my life. I say what I think and the only filter that I have is whether or not I would be offended by what I'm saying. Since it takes a LOT to offend me, I remain unoffended and continuously offensive at all times.

My husband is the opposite. He is the most appropriate, kind, considerate and aware person I know. He is always intuitively tuned into how everyone is thinking and feeling.

I have NO clue.

I tell people that I married him so that his parishioners would know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he was imperfect, because a perfect person would never choose to marry someone like me.

So, if you are offended please realize that I am being careful not to be offensive, but that what I am writing is viewed inoffensive by me, at least.

Think of what would happen if I was NOT trying not to offend..

No comments: