Monday, July 11, 2005

On our way

Great trip so far. Right now we're in Rolfe, Iowa visiting with a family who has three children who were in the same orphanage as our two boys from Guatemala. Along with their other children, they are a family of nine.

Last night we met one of my friend who is 10 years younger than I and she and her husband have 18 children.... Her husband was out of town but she brought 17 of the kids with her and we had a huge picnic with our three families. Amanda, my friend with the 17, still has a lot of "littles." Watching her parent made me very glad that our "littles" are now not so little any more. We actually stopped calling them "the little kids" when the youngest "little kid" was actually older than the youngest "big kid" was when he became a big kid. Did that make any sense whatsoever?

I'm travelling with four children who are being very well behaved. Unfortunately, the 4 I left at home aren't doing as well. Everytime I plan a trip, things go awry. Both little boys are sick, the oldest is being himself, and the air conditioner broke. In addition, our boy at the ranch, who they visited yesterday, is on "minus" level for talking about running away...

All that and I've not yet been gone a day.

On a more positive note, the bishops visit was great yesterday. Our New Worship service was just awesome!

Hopefully they'll be a computer every day so I can keep you updated. Today we're off for a trip to the outlet mall and then on to Silvis, Illinois...

No comments: