Thursday, January 03, 2008

Laying Down to Play Dead

Fifteen minute court hearing this morning for John. I told my attorney that I was done fighting this battle. I have had multiple discussions with many people at the county about this situation, and they certainly know my opinions and they have decided what they are going to do.

So, John is back in Mankato. He will go to the same school he couldn't handle a year ago, the school Salinda now attends. He will have an opportunity to sink or swim.

I hope he swims. I am crossing my fingers and praying. ANd he will begin spending Sundays with us at his initiation. If he calls on Saturday night and wants to come to church on Sunday morning, he can be in church all morning and spend the day at our house. If there are any problems, he will head home.

He seems to be back on his medication and doing fairly well. We will have a backup plan in place in case it doesn't all work, but for now here's hoping he can really pull this thing together.

I think our attorney used the words "Cautiously optimistic." I think her conclusion of my words was fairly optimistic as well, but I never want to completely give up hope.

No comments: