Saturday, January 19, 2008

Out of Jail

Well, according to the website, Mike is no longer in our county jail. We are assuming that by now he has been served the papers with the harassment restraining order on them. We do not know if he is back to couch surfing or if he has been transferred to another facility.

I never dreamed that I would be grateful on the days that my child was in jail -- but at least when someone is there you know they are safe, they are fed, they are warm enough, and they aren't breaking more laws.

But as I have stated over and over again, we really need a better plan for adults with FASD than to spend their lives behind bars.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Someone with a biological connection to one of our kids is being released from the same jail today. I wonder if they got to know each other while they were in there? I think they might have a lot in common. ~Kari