Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sometimes I Think Our Culture is Wacked

Salinda had work crew today for the first time. When I dropped her off i had to ask myself, "What are we DOING as a society?" She had to spend several hours with a rough group of kids who obviously, based on their appearance, were in much deeper trouble legally than I hope she ever will be.

How does it make sense to put all of the "juvenile delinquents" together and introduce them? How does it make sense to have them spend 30 hours together?

Don't ask me for the answers, I've only got one.
That a man leaves his darkness when he follows the Son.


OK -- here is a challenge.

If anyone can tell me either the name of the song or the artist who sang it WITHOUT googling it or anything, I will at least give you special recognition, if not a prize.

But no cheating - no looking it up on the internet.

2 comments:

Lee said...

It makes sense because it's cruelly convienent. That's why.
And how can you tell just how deep in trouble someone is by their appearance? The nicest person I knew in school dressed gothic-dark clothes/makeup, facial piercings, everything. Some of the meanest people were prep-that is, "nice" makeup, "nice" clothing, etc.

Sheri said...

Larry Norman