Monday, January 07, 2008

The Morning After the Night Before

We ended the night with a couple of difficult conversations that finally resulted in apologies. Bart and I talked fro a long time afterwards, so I'm starting my week with less sleep than preferred.

One of the things that I never talk about is the strain that triangulating and manipulative kids put on a marriage. Bart and I have experienced much stress in our 11 years of parenting tough kids, but we communicate fairly well and always work hard to work through things, but I can't imagine how difficult it would be for parents who have difficulty communicating to survive the stresses of parenting these children.

But we've been around the circle again. The calm days, the super stressful day, the working it out, the beginning of a new day and hopefully back to calm again.

And we're still alive and ready to go again. Well a least I am.

No comments: