Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I'm Riding the Ride and Definitely not Driving


I hate being a control freak. But I am one, nonetheless. And I am usually pretty good about maintaining my own anxiety and keeping it under control. But today i'm feeling so out of my own loop that it is getting to me.

i have teens texting me TELLING me what they are going to do, never asking, making dumb decisions doing things that I would tell them not to and not letting me know until they are in the middle of them and I'm feeling like I'm on a ride, one that I am definitely not in charge of.

ANd I ended a sentence with a preposition, something I was told not to ever do. Shame on me.

I think I am still battling a bit of resentment. But hey folks, I chose a different ride than the one I'm on. I didn't choose an easy one, I knew I was going to be on an amusement park ride, maybe a very scary one, but I ALWAYS intended to control the wheel

So here I am, needing to figure out how in the world I'm going to be able to relax enough to survive the journey without serious emotional whiplash.

It's a daily struggle lately, but I'm sure it has something to do with my current frenzied life and it will all get better someday.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well, hmmm, at least they are texting you! Better than not telling you anything, right? Maybe not knowing would be less stressful, I don't know.