Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Short Tribute

As you know, Cindy, mother of 39 and I started blogging about the same time. Of course, I was first, and I encouraged her to do the same. She and I have worked together for AAN for several years helping find families for kids.

Today she blogged that she is done with that endeavor, and I think we should all applaud her. She is 10 years older than I and has been adopted for more than 20 years longer than I have. And finally she is moving on to something else.

I hope I have it in me to rally with that kind of strength for another twenty years. Right now I can only do so by focusing on the kids, not on the families, as I know the struggle the families will face. But I am so committed to the idea that children grow up better with a parent, one person committed to them for life, that I have to keep on keeping on. But I am early in this fight, and I think it is perfectly OK for Cindy to focus on other things and let us take her place.

That's how it works.... Crusaders crusade until they can't anymore, and then they pass the torch.

I'll be anxious to see who takes Cindy's torch.

No comments: