Thursday, September 03, 2009

Me in Small Doses

I got a ton done yesterday. In fact, I'm starting to see a tiny flicker of light at the end of my tunnel. Got back from the Y with Sadie a few minutes ago (I blogged here about my answer to her question, "Mommy, do you like getting up and going to the Y". WE had a nice time and I'm feeling pretty good about the start of my day.

Today includes an OBGYN appointment (not for me, I've never needed an OB) and a 9th grade football game. We're thinking about having the whole family go. And then I am actually contemplating going on this mini family vacation without my computer. I know, I know, don't faint.

I have a theory about myself. I think that I work so much because nobody can stand me in big doses. If I'm working, I'm not annoying my husband or my children or my friends who really do enjoy me in short spurts, but seriously, I'm kinda intense and, if I'm wound up, uber annoying. So me working a lot is a good thing.

I hope that my family can handle it if I leave work behind for a day or so...

1 comment:

nancy said...

OK, maybe you might be a little intense. My family probably wishes I'd get a fulltime job, one besides mothering them!

Did you see my (long) post, thanking you for the autographed copy of your book? Just noticed your neat message on the title page. Increased the value of my copy. Appreciate your uber-friendship...in whatever dose you have time to give my lengthy emails.
nancy