Thursday, January 21, 2021

Victory is Ours

When you have a theme that resonates, you gotta stick with it.  Sometimes when I send out these emails I don’t hear back from anyone, but the last couple days the idea of spiritual battles seems to be resonating with me and several people have let me know that they have.

Check out this verse from 1 Samuel 17:47

All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.

Anyone know the context?  It’s when David was getting ready to head into battle with Goliath!  So don’t tell me it doesn’t apply to whatever you’re fighting.

When I lived in Mexico between 1992 and 1994 I used to sing this song in Spanish.  We taught it to our congregation and I played keyboards.   Wow.  That was a long time ago.

Toda la gloria, sabiduría, honor y todo el poder…. A nuestra Dios ahora y siempre Amen!




But you may have heard it in English:




Whatever battle you are facing today — the battle is the Lord’s! 

No comments: