Sunday, October 16, 2005

Another Reason for the Clash

I discovered, on the way home from seeing John and the guys at the ranch (preceded by dinner together at La Fiesta, and grocery and clothes shopping for Mike, who of course couldn’t come along, nor will he like what I picked out.... but I digress...) . .

anyway, I discovered that the second reason for my children and I having a hard time reconnecting is that they think I’m stupid and I just came from a professional environment where people treat me like I’m smart. In fact, professionally, most of the time, I am treated as if I am an expert, smarter and better than most.

Then I come home and it slaps me in the face that my teenagers think and act like I am the dumbest of the dumb.

I finally said to them, after being corrected, scolded, reminded, and mocked repeatedly, “Why don’t you guys just go ahead and have your conversation without me. I am apparently WAAAAAAAAY too stupid to be able to participate.”

No comments: