Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Not Gonna Be Shaken

Last night I was exhausted and discouraged about the Mike situation. I grabbed the Gideon Bible in the hotel room for bathroom reading material and literally opened up to a passage that has brought me comfort for years, coming to my attention every time I need it. I place it here to encourage you as well.

Regardless of what anyone says about or to me, I have set the Lord before me and I will NOT be shaken.

5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; 
       you have made my lot secure.
    6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; 
       surely I have a delightful inheritance.
    7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; 
       even at night my heart instructs me.
    8 I have set the LORD always before me. 
       Because he is at my right hand, 
       I will not be shaken.
    9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; 
       my body also will rest secure,
    10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, [c] 
       nor will you let your Holy One [d] see decay.
    11 You have made [e] known to me the path of life; 
       you will fill me with joy in your presence, 
       with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

I’m not sure how I feel about the message translation for this passage, but I do like this verse:


    8Day and night I'll stick with GOD;
    I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.

No comments: