Monday, October 24, 2005

Working From Home

Sometimes I sit back and close my eyes and envision what's happening in the offices of all the people I work with . . .

Like this morning everyone is kind of dragging in a little late with that Monday morning look on their face . . . grabbing a cup of coffee and telling each other about the highlights of the weekend.  Soon people will be heading in to check their email and then planning all the visits and paperwork they have to do for the week....

My life is so much different as I sit here alone, organizing my tasks with nobody to talk to except electronically -- and no break times all day -- except for every 70 minutes when I go downstairs to change the laundry. No pot of coffee on anywhere, not that I drink it anyway, and no time to talk about anyone’s weekend anyway.

There are times when I miss the people parts of working from home, but the amount of work I get done at home alone is about triple what I ever got done in an office setting...

No comments: