Tuesday, December 02, 2008

So Not a Boy Scout Mom


We have allowed Tony to quit Boy Scouts and allowed Dominyk to join. This has been a good thing in some ways, but the difference between the two is very interesting.

Tony never kept details straight. He was always very caught up in the social aspect of being a scout, but he was never interested in badges or achievement or the uniform or anything. Dominyk, with his OCD, is very much the opposite. He knows exactly what he needs to wear and spends time preparing it. Yesterday I had to switch a patch. Now you'd think it wouldn't be that difficult, but I was doing it while I was trying to do several other things and wasn't paying attention. I got a phone call that it was time to go and do a placement right in the middle of the project so I hurried to get it done and it didn't look half bad.

I went up to Bart to hand it to him, feeling quite proud of myself, until he mentioned that I had simply sewed the same patch back on that I had just laboriously removed. He had to redo my work while I left the house realizing that I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a "Boy Scout Mom."

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Don't feel bad--neither am I. *We* decided T was quitting Cub Scouts.

Angela :-)