Saturday, June 19, 2010

One of Those Moments


Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
.

I had one of those moments last night. I went upstairs, planning to pack, but not not having the motivation, and discovered that Gabby was in our room rolling around on our bed. She's quite able to do so now, rolling over and over, almost able to sit up on her own. She likes to be held facing out so she can see everything, and I was lying on my side and Wilson was entertaining her. I had her propped against me and I was lying watching Wilson's face as he attempted to coax a smile. He, as you know is a beautiful child, and watching his loving face was a priceless thing. After a few minutes of this, Gabby rested her head on my arm, straightened out her legs, got comfortable and fell asleep. Wilson stayed a few minutes, watching her, Bart was snoozing in his chair, it was quiet in our room, and amidst all of the stress and confusion of the last few days (I haven't had time to blog much of it), there was peace.

It was one of those moments, and I snapped a not so great shot of it myself with my Iphone so I could share it with you.

I'm packing up my computer now, and we're going to head out in about 45 minutes to the airport. I'm hoping to be online a bit over the next few days, but can't guarantee anything.

1 comment:

vicsens said...

I think it's a beautiful picture, Claudia! There is nothing to compare to snuggling with a beautiful grandbaby.