Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Writing is Hard Work

For as long as I can remember, i wanted to be a writer. However, I am discovering, that in order to be a writer, you have to write.

The amount of self-discipline it takes to write is amazing. Much more than I ever dreamed. But this summer I am committing myself to writing 45 minutes a day, first thing in the morning. I find that hte first 10 minutes drag on. I am just so unmotivated. But then as I get moving, it gets better and I seem to get into it about the time I need to stop. However, I have other things to do. I am getting up 45 minutes earlier so the only thing I am sacrificing is sleep. I did go to the Y this morning and spent some time reflecting on Scripture and blogging and entry called "You're the Reason I'm suffering" If you're an adoptive parent who shares my faith this might be worth reading.

And now I'm on to face my day. I finished a chapter of a book I was asked to contribute to and I'm thrilled to ahve it done in one morning. I really thought it would take too...

Everyone's pretty quiet out there in comment land. Am I getting boring? What's up with all of you? What should I blog about?

3 comments:

cshellz said...

I would love to hear more about what life looks like to age out with brain issues. Causes, effects, what works, what doesn't (and why), ideas to try etc. I would like to have a better idea of what improves with time, fewer hormones, more awareness and what might get worse. Almost all of our kids age out. What happens ever after?

ekang said...

I enjoy reading your blog even though I've never left a comment! Please keep writing. I like reading about your insights about parenting and life in general. They're very thought-provoking and funny. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I had this kind of discipline! I started our family's book a year ago and have SOOOO been slacking! :) I enjoy your posts and LOVE knowing that there are other families out there just as crazy as we are!! :) Hang in there, keep writing, and God Bless you all! --Missy--