Sunday, September 11, 2011

And now, back to the typical Sunday Morning

The routine is back today. Bart leaves before the younger kids get up with the oldest two who are here at home. I wake up the others. We have struggles about what they think they are going to wear (I'm not that picky, but the clothes do need to be clean and fairly unwrinkled, and I prefer dress pants over jeans and don't want t-shirts with print on them. All but a couple comply most of the time, but the couple who don't always provide me with a struggle).

Then we'll have traditional worship, Sunday school, and our new relational worship. I teach adult Sunday School and will lead a portion of our new worship service today --

I'd be excited except that I woke up with a horrible headache after a very strange dream about speaking from a skyscraper in Australia to a large crowd down below (think Pope on Christmas Day kind of crowd). But I was preparing to speak for ages while they kept adjusting sound and telling me it wasn't time yet. Very frustrating... and to top it off, a fight broke out between two Hispanic men who were wanting to use the electricity we needed for the sound system. Yes, I must have some psychological challenges if I dream all this stuff, huh?

So now i'm facing a long morning with a headache. Funny how I always seem to survive though.

The Block Party at church last night was fun and it was especially encouraging to see how helpful my sons were being. Even Dominyk was very helpful -- helping from about 1:30 to 9:30 -- setting up, helping during it, and then cleaning up. Rand was there that long too.... Tony and Leon there for several hours, and we dragged Jimmy there for a few as well. It makes me feel like we're doing something right when I see all my guys helping out like that.

And now it's time to begin to wake them up..... but it's so quiet here... maybe i'll wait a few minutes.

No comments: