Friday, September 01, 2017

#FinishWellFriday


Every week for months I have reminded my blog readers, my Facebook friends, and my staff that it is #FinishWellFriday.   The idea occurred to me one morning when I was looking at my to-do list for a Friday and thought, "If I got those three things I've been putting off all week done today I wouldn't have to have them nagging at me all weekend."  So I did them and had a much better weekend.

Regardless of what your job is -- whether it is inside or out of the home - - there are repetitive tasks that are annoying.  There are also projects that seem too huge to accomplish until you get started on them and then they aren't that bad.

Scripture talks about work many times.   Solomon, in Ecclesiastes, says, " But in the end, does it really make a difference what anyone does? I’ve had a good look at what God has given us to do—busywork, mostly?"  Now that's positive.  Not.  

In Proverbs 16:3 it says, "Put God in charge of your work, then what you’ve planned will take place."

In Proverbs 28:20 we read, "Committed and persistent work pays off.  

And Proverbs 5 has this advice:
You don’t want to end your life full of regrets,    nothing but sin and bones,Saying, “Oh, why didn’t I do what they told me?    Why did I reject a disciplined life?Why didn’t I listen to my mentors,    or take my teachers seriously?My life is ruined!    I haven’t one blessed thing to show for my life!”
#FinishWellFriday is way to practice these principles.  To lead a disciplined life.... to do committed and persistent work.  To put God in charge of our work ... if if it is mostly busywork as Solomon points out.

I hope today that you will put God in charge of your work and that for that reason it will be a good day and that the result is that whatever you are doing will pay off!

Even impossible things.




No comments: