It's been two weeks since I have prepared a Saturday Summary Blog Post and I have no real excuses. I can't say that I have been super motivated lately so that is part of the issue.
SO here are some highlights:
- I've read a couple of really good books the last two weeks. "Same Kind of Different as Me" and "Just Mercy." I have also been working my way through "Work Rules."
- Bart and I babysat the grandkids who live with us overnight for the first time on Friday night. It has been a whole year since they moved in with us. hard to believe.
- I went and saw a personal trainer with my friend Cathy and in a couple of weeks I'm going to tell you why. Somehow I injured myself in the process but am planning to go back to see him in a week or two.
- I worked hard and a lot on many several exciting things at work.
- We had church directory pictures taken. It was fairly traumatic but not as bad as some years.
- Tony, now living with birth family, took a stable in his butt put there with a staple gun by his birth uncle live on Facebook. We are so proud. We hope it goes viral. (sarcasm font)
- Dominyk is a bit edgy and overwhelmed by school, not making it fun.
- Wilson is the COO of his company in his Entrepreneur class recognizing that this is a really hard job. He starts the wrestling pre-season soon.
- Mercedes and Matt are coming to visit us in a week.
- I'm turning 54 soon. That's scary.
And I'm starting an email list for anyone who wants to be on it. I'll send one at least weekly. I'll promote my books, remind you that I have speaking engagements coming up, post deep thoughts and undoubtedly frivolous nonsense. Let me know by emailing me at maeflye at mac dot com if you'd like to be on it. It will be an entertaining experience I'm sure.
Finally, I was double dog dared to find a picture of a suitcase full of papaya online. It is above. Don't look too closely. And yes, this is what happens in the Sunday School class I'm teaching... people double dog dare people to find online pictures of a suitcase full of papaya.
You can't say that you had that happen to you in church yesterday, can you?