Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Best Way to Start Each Day


Buried inside the 21st chapter of Jeremiah is this verse (as translated in the Message):
 Start each day by dealing with justice.  
That also reminds me of the verse in Malachi 6:8 -- one of my favorites.
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.    And what does the Lord require of you?To act justly and to love mercy    and to walk humbly[a] with your God.
How do we deal justly?  I think that is a question that all of us probably wrestle with.  We deal with justice when we treat others fairly, when we stick up for the underdog, living in ways that are morally right and fair.

I am not sure how this applies to your life today, but you do.   Who in your life needs you to deal with them justly?  What issue in our society requires your response to stand up for what is right?  Where is God calling you to step out and make a difference.

And now a song from my teen years:



No comments: