Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My Boys Like to Wear Dresses

What the heck is up with shirts so big they go down to your knees? My little boys (little = 10 and 11) consistently plot to wear their older brothers shirts. They have me inspect them before leaving for school and then quickly change into a shirt that reaches their knees.

I just don't get the point.

Or they have on a dress shirt completely wrinkled (that they switch after inspection).

I remember once when John was told he could not wear dirty pants to school. I think he was in 5th grade. I told him that he had to change his pants. He changed and left for school.

He got suspended later that day for telling his friends that the remote control battery in his locker was a bomb. I arrived at the school for this meeting and the first words out of my mouth were, "You are SO busted for wearing those dirty pants."

The principal and teacher thought I was all kinds of weird, but the little twirp had worn clean pants to school and taken the dirty ones with him and then chnaged when he got there, thinking I would never know. Probably wouldn't have if he wouldn't have gotten SUSPENDED!

WE've had kids hide coats and sweatshirts under the tree in the front yard becuase if Mom says it's cold out then I would rather freeze to death than admit she's right.

I have several boys who should get together and write a book called, "The All Inclusive Guide to Self-Defeating Behavior."

If my husband wasn't the pastor of the "main street church" in town and his reputation didn't matter, I would just let them make fools of themselves....

1 comment:

Sarah Beam said...

Rats. The title of this post had me excited to see a picture of your boys dressed in drag. Is my family the only one that puts makeup on little boys?