Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Who Would Want to Be A Dentist

Other than Steve Martin, the sadist in Little Shop of Horrors, who would want to be a dentist?

I have five minutes until I leave for my own dentist appointment -- something I haven't had for way too long.

Why would anyone want to be someone that nobody wants to see? Why would you want a profession where people dreaded coming to you? Why, in addiiton, would anyone want to put their hands in other people's dirty mouths all day?

The whole thing is just disgusting. I want to enter the building and say, "FIrst of all, I am fat, but I am not dumb. I do know that I am supposed to brush three times a day and floss once a day. I ALREADY KNOWED DAT (as Jimmy used to say while learning English). So DO NOT lecture me, do not tell me how to brush or how to floss. Just do what you have to do in silence.

But instead, I will most likely choose to be socially appropriate and even though my shirt is slightly stained, I am wearing socks. Gotta be presentable when your husband is the pastor of the down town church you know....

No comments: