Sunday, September 04, 2005

UMCOR

The United Methodist Committee on Relief is one of the things that makes me proud to be involved in the UMC. They do a great job in times of natural disaster.

Hearing about UMCOR and the response to Katrina reminded me of this story.

About a year and a half ago, Kyle had his last choir concert in High School. We decided it was an event important enough for the whole family to enjoy.

Dominyk, of course, was bored (of course, he was bored at Disney Word, which I keep reminding him).

When it was over Dominyk (probably having seen something on TV) started to say, UMCOR, UMCOR!

I laughed and said, "It's encore, Dominyk, not UMCOR. And it means do it again, sing another one."

He glared at me, thought a minute, and started to say "NONCORE. NONCORE"

No comments: