Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Do you like my Roller Coaster?

So, I come home from bell practice and Mike runs up the stairs and says, “Hey Mom!” like we’ve been best friends since kindergarten. You know what really sucks? And I said, “A vacuum” and he laughed because I guessed it.

I asked him, “Are you done with your little foray into rebelliousness”

He said, “Sometimes I just have to get away from all this crap.”

I said, “Well, you realize we haven’t been giving you little consequences, but that the road you’ve been on for the last few days is not one that is going to lead you to Driver’s Ed, or the cosmetic surgery you want (he needs a birthmark removed), or college some day.

He said, ”well, you weren’t even talking about doing that.“

I said ”they were on my list of things to check into for this week, but after the weekend I took them off.“

”Really?“

”Yup.“

”Oh. Can I be on the computer?“

And that is the end of that.

For this moment anyway.

No comments: