Sunday, February 26, 2006

What I Always Dreamed Of

When I was a pre-teen, one of my idols was Ann Kiemel Anderson. I always dreamed that one day I might be like her in some way. Writing books and most importantly, going on planes to travel across the country to speak to many audiences about a topic I was passion about. The hotels, the airports, it all seemed so very glamorous.

Now, I don’t want anyone to think that I don’t want to go to Texas, but our schedule this week is simply exhausting and certainly not a glamorous way to spend the better part of four days. I leave today for the airport a little before 1 p.m. and will arrive (after a layover in Phoenix) at about 9:30 p.m. this time. Tomorrow morning we get picked up at 8:20 and taken to the CPS office where I will speak and match until 4 when we will head straight to the airport. We get to spend a couple hours in Dallas on our way to Houston and will arrive at the airport around 10:00. Then on Tuesday morning we will drive to Spaulding for a 10:30 meeting, have a very fast lunch (if we have time) and then arrive at the Murworth CPS office at 1:30 to match until around 5. Then we will finally have time for a nice dinner (which I will be allowed to have very little of) before going to bed early so we can get up and be at the airport by 6 or something outlandish like that. I will arrive home just in time to greet the children as they arrive home from school. I will have the majority of parenting responsibilities as Bart has to prepare for the Ash Wednesday service, and, when that is done, I have Bell Practice at 8:30. By this point in time I will be dead dog tired.

Nice to be able to accomplish my dreams, huh?

No comments: