Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Some Good News and some Interesting News

Well, I did as Mike asked and respected his wishes. I was actually surprised to see him come home from school, but he did. He even did his chore without me saying anything. I smiled and waved at him, and he made a hateful face, but I didn’t speak.

Some of his friends came to see him and so he came in and said, “Mom, can I go to the skatepark? I know this isn’t a good time to ask or anything?” I said, “Having supper with us?” He said, “Yes.” I said, “Then be home by 5:45 because we are eating early.” He said, “OK.” I said, “we are going to have a conversation sometime, aren’t we?” He said, “Yup.”

He came in a couple minutes later to ask when Bart was coming home. Hopefully we caught this one before it got out of control, but we’ll see. I could be reporting in a while that he didn’t come home for supper, or that he was gone again at night.

But at least for this moment, things are OK.

In addition, Kyle has decided to PCA for us for the summer again. While this can be seen as good news, he is quite selfish and it can be very frustrating to have him around. Another driver is not going to bother me though, that’s for sure. He causes more friction between Bart and I than all the rest of the kids put together, so that will make it hard. And he’ll be in a town where he doesn’t know anyone from high school and be restless to head up to the Cities in our vehicle often I’m sure, which will be not so great....
So there are good and bad things about having him home.

Still no news about the house...

No comments: