Sunday, February 05, 2006

Driving the Messsage Home

If it wasn’t enough for me to read the passage in the morning, the texts in the worship service were the same so I had it driven home to me again. It’s in my devotional but it bears repeating.

The same passage that has come to me at multiple times in my life shows up again today. For nearly 30 years, these verses have been a periodic and necessary reminder to me that I am not in control and that there is someone much more powerful who is not only wiser and infinitely powerful, but who can give me the strength I need to make it through anything.

 28 Do you not know? 
       Have you not heard? 
       The LORD is the everlasting God, 
       the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
       He will not grow tired or weary, 
       and his understanding no one can fathom.
 29 He gives strength to the weary 
       and increases the power of the weak.
 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, 
       and young men stumble and fall;
 31 but those who hope in the LORD 
       will renew their strength. 
       They will soar on wings like eagles; 
       they will run and not grow weary, 
       they will walk and not be faint.


No comments: