Thursday, February 23, 2006

Whew. What a Day

I had a long day but I came home happy to be me. I started my day in Mankato, placing 6 and 7 year olds with a family that already has 3 kids under five. They are awesome parents and will do great with them, but I am SO glad I’m not at that stage any more.

Then I had a very tasty lunch that Kari prepared for me and I watched her deal with most adorable Anna, who spent the time I was there proving to me that she gives her parents a run for their money. And again, I was glad that I don’t have a 3 year old still at home.

And then I did post placement for the family that went from 2 kids to 9 kids in one day six months ago.... and see them going through some of the same stuff that we have already been through -- and again, glad to be me.

Talked to my friend Michele, whose blog I would link you to, except that she only updates it once every 6 years (OK, so I exaggerate) and even after talking to her I was glad I was me.

But coming home after only being here 15 minutes in 12 hours, I’m remembering why I don’t like being me when there was a misunderstanding and we thought Mike might have had a part is stealing a vehicle this past weekend. We think and hope it was just a misunderstanding.

I’m tired and have a TON to do tomorrow, and I just want to go to sleep, but most of our kids are at the basketball game, so bedtime won’t be for a while.

And to top of my stress, I think Bart and Kyle may have been on the phone for the past 20 minutes and that won’t be a good thing, so stress is added to my stress waiting to hear what that is all about.

But at least I’m not Mr. and Mrs A, or Kari, or Michele, or Mr. and Mrs. P. Right?

1 comment:

sewmomto14 said...

Hey, watch it I just updated my blog on Tuesday.