and I HATE DETAILS.
Let me categorize them for myself and for you, in order of what might be interesting to you.
1) The House. This is a great, solid house, structurally very sturdy and has tons of space. However, the realtors looked at it yesterday and are recommending a great deal of work before we list or sell it, mostly painting and a couple areas of flooring. There is no way that we can simultaneously pack, move, and paint. I would love to sell it as is or at least find out what someone else wanted it to look like so we didn't do the stupidest thing in the world that everyone does -- which is completely redo it so that the buyer can come in and completely redo it. So, the question is this: Do I take pictures and show everyone what it looks like with our crap all in it and the painting not done? We live in Mankato, by the way, to answer a comment question, a town of about 45,000 about 80 miles SW of the Twin Cities. I could easily take pictures, but it's going to look like a place nobody wants to live with all our junk in it I fear. What would YOU do?
2) Rand. Our son Rand wants to stay in Mankato and really he should. It has taken him his whole life to feel as settled as he does right now. He has become, at his own initiative, involved in Young Life Leadership with a great group of guys his age and he loves it. He is also employed, in school, and has a lot of friends at our church here. We would love to have him stay but he really can't afford his own place. I've talked to a couple people about some options, so I won't give more details yet in case they are interested, but those details are spinning.
3) Schools for everyone. This coming school year I was supposed to have EVERYONE in the same school (Jr. High and HS are connected here) for the first time since 1999. But no. Now they are going to be everywhere. I took Leon and Sadie with me yesterday to go to the airport and look at schools and they are convinced that the high school in the district that is farthest away from the church is better. So if anyone knows anything about either Robbinsdale or Cooper High School and how they compare to each other? Also, a good charter school option for Dominyk? Lionsgate has fifteen on their waiting list for his grade so that isn't going to happen even though I hear they are awesome.
4) Job Corp. Thanks for all your input about it. I don't think that he will meet anyone who is a worse influence than his older brothers have been and so far he's been able to be his own person. I really thought in the orientation that it was a good program. Tony has his interview today and of course I cannot find his birth certificate. I've looked everywhere. I can find almost everyone elses but his. I cannot find his court paperwork for his adoption. I have every other piece of paperwork regarding him and several of his drawings from kindergarten filed neatly, but no important stuff. UGH.... So I'm taking some other stuff with me that hopefully will work.
5) Mike. He was supposed to live with us for 30 days in order to be released from prison. He was there executing time for old offenses. His discharge date is June 4, we are supposed to be ready to roll in Crystal on the 24th, and his baby is due on the 12th. I need to talk to his PO and try to figure that out.
SO.... there you have it. The top five "details" of the day that are spinning in my brain along with TONS of work related things.
Anybody have any input?