Wednesday, February 01, 2006

When it Rains, It Pours

OK, now I’m getting it. And it’s starting to get almost funny.

The investigator from the sheriff’s department came to our door a few minutes ago. Apparently he was working out in the fitness center when Rand was there last night. He left for a few minutes and when he came back, he found his CD gone, and Rand gone. He had one of the staff go in and ask Rand if he knew anything about it.

The conversation went like this:

“Rand, did you happen to take anything out of the fitness center?”

“NO, I didn’t take no CD!!!”

So, I assured the nice investigator that he would be receiving his CD or $20 to replace it within a few days. Fortunately, he was very nice and very gracious.

But the irony -- how hilarious is this? He has to steal from someone who works for the SHERIFF’s office. For some reason this makes me laugh.

Bart thinks the uncertainty about our future has the kids acting out. He’s probably right. I don’t know why I didn’t figure it out. Duh, as cindy would say.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Maybe I'm really warped, but I think the irony of this is hysterical!