Friday, January 30, 2009

Five nights, FIve beds, Ready to Go Home

I'm heading to the airport in a few minutes. I'm ready to be home. The way the trip ended up I've been in a different bed every night this week and I'm ready to crawl into my own tonight.

It's time to go back to reality where people call me mom hundreds of times a day and I get to sleep beside the most amazing man in the world.

Travelling reminds me that there is a great big world out there with millions of people with a life very different from mine. And while breaks from reality are fun, but really, the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't want to be anyone in the world besides me.

My life might be challenging and difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Click your heels together and repeat, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." See you soon!

Other Mother said...

I agree, but I needed that reminder today. Thanks.