Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Start of a Great Saturday

There are only five children here this morning, and four of them are still asleep at 8:10. RIcardo and Leon are at an away wrestling match for the day and Rand is at work. Salinda has gone to spend the weekend with her boyfriend's family. I slept until 7 a.m. in my own bed and it felt wonderful. I got up an lazily finished the book that I started on the plane. Bart is in the kitchen with Dominyk making waffles and sausage for breakfast and I'm in the recliner unshowered, contentedly smiling.

Salinda didn't do too bad during her first week of online school. There were a flew technological glitches that I am ironing out ... only have one more that I have to contend with today and we should be good to go. She got most of this week's assignments done -- and she has until Tuesday to complete them, and her grades are mostly Bs. I know she can do better but she seems to be satisfied and it's her life. As long as she's following my guidelines and getting the work done, I'll not start to complain unless they are lower than the grades she was getting in public school.

I only have one email in my inbox that I can't take care of until Monday. Each night this week I have worked until it was all caught up and it's such a great feeling. Today I have new software to mess with and might just give myself a true break and allow myself to do some fun things. Next week I'll be back at it hard with meetings and home visits every day.

But for today, all is well.... my favorite kind of Saturday is me at the computer with new software, kids in and out, maybe a trip to the store with them....

and a husband in the kitchen.

It just doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: