Friday, July 10, 2009

In Rare Form

Yesterday from Dawn to Dusk, I was in rare form. I am thinking that a psychiatrist would have dubbed me manic yesterday. I had so much energy, passion and enthusiasm that I was wearing out the people around me. It felt good, but when I crashed, I crashed. I was exhausted by nightfall.

My problem is never a lack of passion about something, or even a lack of energy to accomplish all the things that I have going at once. My problem is this pesky little fact that there are only 24 hours in one day. I want to do so much.

I had a meeting with the interim director at the adoption agency that I work for and it was very positive and exciting. I was able to start dreaming about the future and that was really empowering. Then I had worship band practice with an amazing group of youth who I know can do amazing things if they decide they want to. Then it was a transportation frenzy, soccer pictures, a baseball game, and the rest of a soccer game before bedtime snacks at the table with most of the kids and a lot of fun banter.

I swear I could keep 10 people busy full time with all the ideas I have for changing the world.... except I may not have much time to tell them what to do....

I was away from my computer from noon yesterday until this morning. That's gotta be a record... but that means I have a stack of email that is really high (can email be stacked high?) that I must get to.

For those of you who don't know me in person, be glad that yesterday wasn't the day that you met me for the first time. I would have worn you out and you would have walked away thinking I was a bit unbalanced.

but then again, maybe I am.....

No comments: