Thursday, July 09, 2009

Picture Catchup





I was on a roll this morning after the YMCA. Lots of energy and going on and on about well, everything, especially one thing, that I can't blog about. It's a minor health issue that is simply annoying, but not really bloggable....

But I was reminded of my motto years ago, when I was a Dean of Students: I've got places to go, people to see, butts to kick, and a world to change. That is how I'm facing my day today.

Salinda has been home and has been doing driver's ed hours. Good news from her end is at this point in time she is planning on going to school in the fall. For a while she was saying she would drop out and I, practicing my self-differentiation skills, simply reminded her that if she was going to live here she needed to be in school. She has been having a better attitude and seems to be making some positive decisions, though I still have PTSD in regards to her moods and attitudes and I'm dreading the fact that it might all come crashing down if/when she moves back home.

Tony has called homesick, though he won't admit it... and John is writing from jail. We continue to have contact with most of our children often, whether they live here or not, though Kyle and Mike are sporadic at best.

Here's some pictures I forgot to post. Dominyk was with us on the 4th too, but the picture I took was goofy, but his teeth were so yellow that I had to whiten them up but then ended up making him look like he had gums instead and saved the picture by accident. I know more information than you wanted....

Fourth of July and Baseball....

No comments: