Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Return of the Police State

Something else happened this morning that has made me realize that our days of living like “normal people” are once again over. During the time that our two boys were in residential we began to ease up on some of the ways we were living. Before they were gone, we locked everything... our bedroom, my office, the kitchen cabinet. We never let people borrow the keys to these places either. We kept everything secure and never trusted anyone.

In the past three days several things have happened that mean that we can’t trust again. We’re going to have to go back to the way it was. And that is so discouraging. Not only is it the issue that the children can no longer be trusted, but the fact that confronting the ones who are most likely guilty will lead us down a road that is very unpleasant. It feels like I have been hit in the stomach.

The sad thing is, I woke up feeling pretty good. I thought today was going to be better and that I was going to be able to shake the mood that has engulfed me this week. Now it’s looking doubtful.

No comments: