Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am so not a drama queen

My home has drama. Plenty of it without adding drama from everyone else. But my oldest daughter is knee deep in the family daughter of her boyfriend's family and trying hard to get me dragged into it. Attempting to stay out of it as much as possible, I am doing my best to self-differentiate as she sits and tells me who I'm allowed to talk to and what I'm allowed to say. As she does her best to control me she insists that I am being controlled by his mother because I picked up the phone and talked to her for three or four minutes.

I tried to explain that I am not 14 and not going to refuse to speak to someone because she insists on it.

She has made the conclusion that she cannot be happy in our family or in our town. And until she is willing to see that as a possibility there is no way to convince her. And so she dedicates her life to plotting a way to get out of town and out of our house as often as possible. It's exhausting.

At least I have some leverage now to get her to do some of the things she should be doing.

But this never ending drama is SO not me. I avoid it like the plague and it keeps finding me no matter how hard I try to stay away from it.

Busy day this morning. Therapy for two kids, a post-placement visit, and then a really fun meeting at church tonight that I am looking forward to. I just have to avoid or wade through the mess Ms. Drama Queen sends my way and I'm not sure which takes more emotional energy.....

No comments: