Thursday, January 26, 2006

And Now You Know the Rest of the Story

I was wrong. John did not go to confirmation nor was he in the yard. We don’t know where he was. He returned about 9:45. Bart talked to him and he was still agitated, trying to pick a fight. For this reason, it was a good thing that his Dad was the one talking to him because even though I may be “seasoned” I was tired “to the bone” (as my mother used to say) and had been worrying about him (though nobody could tell) since 6:30.

Bart basically just said, “We’re glad you made a good choice and decided to come home.” John went on again about all his complaints and Bart just listened and kept saying, “we’re glad you came home.” He’s a saint. Bart, not John.

Today Bart and I are taking a mental health day. I have a meeting in a town a couple hours away and he is going to accompany me. We may even go out to lunch so I can drink the broth from his soup.

No comments: