Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Screwed Up Bad

There are sometimes as a parent that I feel like I could have done better and then there are times when I REALLY screw up and I immediately know it.

Mike brought home his 3rd quarter progress report from his new Day Treatment School. It had all As and Bs but his behavior grades were declining. I mentioned the behavior first. Crap.

Now he isn’t speaking to me and I feel awful. I tried to apologize and he kicked me out of his room.

To defend myself, I am alone tonight as Bart is at a staff retreat, I still can’t poop, and I feel lousy. I had just walked in and been completely bombarded. I have to cook dinner so that I can watch my children eat while I “chew” a fruit juice popsicle. Everyone was crying, screaming, complaining, and demanding my attention at once. Mike came in dropped the paper in my hands and was expecting praise. Without concentrating, I blew it, simply put, badly blew it.

So now I get to deal with the aftermath of that. My work situation that I can’t post is not resolved. The pressure of not knowing where we’ll be next year is mounting as we get closer to finding out. I am NOT feeling at the top of my game.

But I heard about a friend from another friend who has a child in treatment for meth and another in jail (hi Mrs. S, Mrs. P told me about this, hope that was OK). Kind of puts things in perspective.

No comments: