Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Flowers


Not soon after my surgery I had a special flower delivery from the florist... two white roses. And what a surprise -- it was from the Bodies. Totally unexpected and very cool. However, when I called Bartt, he said, “White roses, huh? Isn’t that the literary symbol of death?” I said, “I’m sure she didn’t know that but it will crack her right up.” (Cindy IS from Georgia). It is also a symbol of purity and innocence as well, I discovered upon my return.

So, Cindy, thanks for sending me the literary symbol of DEATH. SO comforting.

In addition, this really dorky over talkative nurse I had said, "Oh, Look. White roses. What a meaningful symbol!"

I didn't even ask.

Seriously, though, VERY nice and meaningful. Thank you!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What the heck is a literary symbol??? I went for my inability to match colors. White goes with everything.