Friday, January 06, 2006

Why There Won't be Much Blogging Today

The day has started and all the kids but Mike are out the door. In 25 minutes, he and I will leave to meet Bart, who left 1/2 hour ago to take John, in Sioux Falls for therapy. Then one of us will take Mike to the ski resort where he has earned money to snowboard with some friends of mine who have children who I actually approve of Mike spending time with. They homeschool and so they ski on Friday’s. Then Bart and I will meet for an early lunch and I will drive back home for an IEP meeting for John to hopefully add transportation to his IEP. Bart will remain in SF and then return with John after school.

We will do snack/homework time and then at 4:30 I will leave with Tony and whoever else wants to go with me and head to Pipestone for a youth wrestling tournament, putting us back home at around 9:30 or 10:00 when I will fall into bed exhausted.

In regards to the conversations I have been having with Mike, I was delighted to see that Kari had blogged about confabulation so that I don’t have to try to explain all of it. After reading that you’ll understand why having conversations with Mike can be mentally and emotionally exhausting. It’s hard to find truth and for a person like me, that is annoying beyond belief.

One of the things that Bart and I have noticed is that John and MIke want a LOT of our attention. They seem to want to be talking to us all the time they are home. So much for teenagers who want to have a life of their own. This is definitely new behavior as they used to avoid us like the plague. But wow, it’s tiring...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Just remember the 21 days ... the number gets smaller every day.