Friday, January 20, 2006

Can't Stay Away

I’m supposed to be giving myself one more day to take it easier than usually, but what I really want to do today is match kids. I find it incredibly rewarding to hear that kids are getting families and to know that I have had a part it making it happen. Time just flies by. I’ve blogged about it before. It’s the zone . The saying, “Time flies when you’re having fun” is definitely true.

I’ve been a “Serious” matcher for almost 2 years now. I started matching in January of 2003, but didn’t really know what I was doing. In 2003 I only had 11 kids come home and of those 11, I know for sure that 3 of them disrupted. Beginning in May of 2004, things started kicking into gear and I began to do some serious matching. By the end of 2004, my number had grown to 36. And I’m sure I’ve already posted that in 2005 it was 96. My goal for 2006 is 110, but don’t ask why because then I’d have to admit how shallow I really am.

I am amazed that I have found something that I can do for literally 6-10 hours every day for years and NEVER get tired of it. I don’t know exactly why I love it so much, but to me it’s like a strategy game.

So, I’m going to match today, and it’s going to be fun.

No comments: