Wednesday, June 06, 2007

All's Well that Begins Well

The lost child was found last night. After another emotionally exhuasting conversation, we went to bed.

Yesterday I had really had it and I let everyone know. I was tired of wasting my valuable time arguing. When I'm with them, which with two jobs isn't as much as I want to be anyway, I want it to be positive. But several of them have developed a nasty habit of picking a fight or argument with me every time they get a chance. I am tired of being argued with, lied to, maniuplated, cussed at, and diliberately annoyed. So I let them know.

It didn't serve much of a purpose except for it jacked up the emotional level in the house and made me feel miserable. But I told everyone that I'd be find by morning.

And I am. I woke up ready for the battle yet another day. My inbox is still nearly empty and I have caught up on several things. I'm working on some summer plans and I'm caught up on paperwork for one job for the moment. It feels like, at this moment, I'm going to be able to conquer another day.

But I have been remarkably exhausted every night for a couple weeks now. I'm not taking any breaks during the day and it makes for a very tired mama by 10 p.m.

But each morning I wake up, ready to do it all again.... and, as I tell adoptive parents when I speak, that's all it takes ... the willingness to get up every morning and face the challenges once again.

No comments: