Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Torture Chamber

I am telling you the truth... this day has been like a visit to a torture chamber.

It started this morning with Tony, as you read about earlier. I had an hour break before I got a work related call that was quite stressful, at the same time as I was dealing with two intense situations on the instant messenger. I barely recovered from that when I had to go around and around with Jimmy. He was taking stuck on stupid to a whole new level. Defiant about every single thing I asked him to do. Arguing, fighting, calling me names like fatty ("ooooh, fatty. Did it take you a while to come up with that?" -- my favorite line from Happy Feet)

He finally went to work at 11:00 after indicating he was not going, that he was not going to shower, that he was not going to anything I said he had to do. Finally around 11 he left, but by 11:45 Dominyk was back and he was obsessed with the dog. The dog usually puts up with him pretty well, but it drives me nuts to listen to him chase the dog from place to place, the dog racing around, yada yada yada.

By 12:15 all h*** had broken lose because Tony came home with nothing to do. His regular PCA needed the afternoon off, so his only choice was to occupy himself, have Rand work with him, or torture me. Rand, although he is broke, has no job, and is almost to zero in his checking account, refused to earn $11.00 for spending time working as Tony’s PCA.

Ricardo refused to find something constructive to do this afternoon, so he will be doing more reading.

Tony has had a complete meltdown now, cussing, screaming at the top of his lungs, throwing things, etc. for a 90 minutes now.

And, I’m sure this will make you laugh, but I am sitting in my garage in the van with the windows rolled up.

I am not going to be in the house with Tony. I know that his fit ended the second I left the area. I think he thinks I left and went somewhere, but there is too much going on for me to do that.

So, here i sit, in the van. Without internet because I have been trying all day to get the router set up, but because of all the distractions, I can’t figure it out.

OK, Tony has calmed down, I am back in the house, and finally might get something else done.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Whatever works Claudia!! It's good that you can find a place to go that they can't find you (yet) as long as you don't turn on the van with the garage door closed!! Don't do that!!! That wouldn't be good!